The Recovery Coordination Program (RCP) provides the support of Recovery Care Coordinators (RCCs) to wounded, ill and injured Service members to ensure they get the non-medical support they need to create the life they want.
The Care Coordination Directorate of the Office of Warrior Care Policy is responsible for policy and oversight of the Recovery Coordination Program.
Comprehensive Recovery Plan
The Recovery Care Coordinators work closely with each Service member, families and recovery team to develop a Comprehensive Recovery Plan (CRP). This plan identifies the Service members’ and families’ goals and the resources they need to achieve them, such as assistive technology, education, employment, or housing. The RCC uses the plan to guide Service members and their families along the road to recovery, rehabilitation and return to duty or reintegration into the civilian community.
Service members who have serious or catastrophic wounds, illnesses or injuries are eligible to receive the support of an RCC. Service members may self-refer or be referred by medical or administrative personnel, Military Service wounded warrior program staff or a family member.
RCCs are available at military treatment facilities and installations across the country. They work within the Military Services’ wounded warriors programs including:
- Army Wounded Warrior Program
- Navy Safe Harbor
- Air Force Wounded Warrior Program
- Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment
- Special Operations Command Care Coalition
- Army Reserve Recovery Coordination Program
RCC Training Support
Training Notes, the Recovery Coordination Program’s quarterly newsletter for RCCs and non-medical case managers, provides insights, best practices and stories to highlight the resources available to recovering Service members and their families. Access the latest editions of Training Notes by visit the link(s) below:
RCP Support Solution
The Office of Warrior Care Policy worked with the Services’ wounded warrior programs to develop the Recovery Coordination Program Support Solution, an online tool that automates CRP workflow and reporting for RCCs. It provides secure, web-based access to all the care management, comprehensive needs assessment, and comprehensive recovery plan tools of the Recovery Coordination Program.
The Support Solution also streamlines data collection to improve Recovery Coordination Program oversight and resource management to ensure the program is sufficiently staffed and the needs of wounded, ill and injured Service members are being met effectively and efficiently.
Benefits of the Support Solution include:
- Online access to all necessary care management forms.
- Elimination of duplicative, hand-written paperwork.
- Interface capability with other case management systems already in use across the military Services.
- Quality control capabilities via the tracking of met and unmet recovering service member goals.
- Transparent reporting on the needs of recovering Service members and families, which allows care coordinators and the Services’ wounded warrior programs to develop best practices.