Day is September 26. Mesothelioma is a type of cancer caused by asbestos. This
day is set aside to raise awareness and show support to those who are battling
this cancer. The National Resource Directory (NRD) provides resources that
connect wounded warriors,
Service Members, Veterans, their families, and caregivers to programs and
services that support them. Show your support by learning more about
Mesothelioma with these 10 NRD resources. Although, we’ve only listed a few
resources to gain helpful insight about Mesothelioma, you can search more
resources on NRD’s website.
- Mesothelioma Research Foundation of America mission is to fund research that will lead to the quickest cure for mesothelioma. The mission also includes supporting cancer research and (or) clinical trials that include other cancers as long as the published research and or governing publishing authors, University, National Cancer Institute, or FDA plan to include Mesothelioma as one of the targeted cancers. The goal is to promote and make available more innovative treatment options as we attempt to help mesothelioma victims.
- CancerCare is the leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer. Their comprehensive services include case management, counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
- NeedyMeds educates and empowers those seeking affordable healthcare. They achieve their mission by providing information on healthcare programs, offering direct assistance and facilitating programs.
- The Pacific Mesothelioma Center (PMC), a division of PHLBI, is focused on the treatment and prevention of malignant pleural mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer with few treatment options and even fewer sources of research funding. The PMC’s mission is to better serve a growing number of mesothelioma victims by supporting the nation’s first-of-its-kind, and only, medical research laboratory that conducts intramural research.
- The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) dedicated to preventing asbestos exposure, eliminating asbestos-related diseases, and protecting asbestos victims’ civil rights through education, advocacy, and community initiatives.
- Mesothelioma Research & Treatment Center at Moffitt Cancer Center diagnose and treat all types of mesothelioma, including pleural, peritoneal and pericardial; no referral is necessary to meet with our team. The nationally recognized program takes a multispecialty approach to individualized treatment, providing patients with access to a comprehensive team of mesothelioma experts, tailored treatment plans, and novel treatment options not yet available in a clinical setting. No referral is necessary to meet with a comprehensive team of mesothelioma experts including surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, social workers and other supportive care providers, all with experience in treating rare lung cancers.
- LUNGevity is changing outcomes for people with lung cancer through research, education, and support. They are dedicated to funding scientific research because the link between research spending and improved survival is clear.
- Supportive Care Coalition vision is that all persons living with or affected by serious illness will receive high quality, compassionate care that integrates their physical, spiritual, cultural, and relational dimensions. Their primary mission is advancing excellence in palliative care.
- Cancers Survivors Network offers an online forum of discussion boards and chatrooms to share your cancer experience, start an online journal (blog), contribute resources, and support one another. The Cancer Survivors Network (CSN) is a part of the American Cancer Society supporting survivors and families through the tumultuous times related to cancer treatment and survival.
- Reeling & Healing Midwest is 100% donor-supported with a 100% volunteer staff, that champions fly fishing wellness retreats for women battling and surviving cancer. Their mission is to provide participants with a one-of-a-kind experience, on and off the river, which renews their spirit and hope through the elements of fly fishing, nature, peer coaching, positive camaraderie and support.