The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a federal government website that connects wounded, ill and injured Service members, veterans, families, and caregivers to thousands of services and programs at the national, state and local levels to support them during recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration. Visitors to the site will find information on topics such as post-traumatic stress disorder, military and veterans’ benefits, health care, educational opportunities, homeless assistance, employment and more.
Since March, we’ve been dealing with the effects of COVID-19. This has impacted all industries including education. Although we’ve seen signs of re-opening, many schools have transitioned to online. Below are 20 educational resources from the NRD for students, parents, and others who are interested in learning.
- Exploratorium is a public learning laboratory exploring the world through science, art, and human perception. They create tools and experiences that help you to become an active explorer: hundreds of explore-for-yourself exhibits, a website with over 35,000 pages of content, film screenings, evening art and science events for adults, plus much more.
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) works to advance effective practices to improve students' learning, behavior, and mental health. Our vision is that all children and youth thrive in school, at home, and throughout life.
- Child Mind Institute transforms the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. They deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most.
- ReadWorks creates world-class content, teacher guidance, and integrated tools that improve teacher effectiveness and student achievement.
- XtraMath is dedicated to math achievement for all. Our goal is to develop effective, efficient, adaptive, and intrinsically rewarding supplemental math activities.
- Homeschool.com helps homeschooling families get the information they need about the different curriculum, products and services offered to the homeschooling community.
- 826 Digital champions student writing. By providing engaging, adaptable, standards-based resources—designed to captivate young writers and empower their educators—826 Digital aims to reach students everywhere, whether they are aspiring authors or reluctant writers.
- NASA for Students strives to increase K-12 involvement in NASA projects, enhance higher education, support underrepresented communities, strengthen online education, and boost NASA's contribution to informal education.
- Discovery K12 provides a positive, educational experience where students can acquire the skills to succeed throughout their life.
- HowtoSmile is a collection of the best educational materials on the web, in addition to learning tools and services – all designed especially for those who teach school-aged kids in non-classroom settings.
- Cube for Teachers is a free solution for all educators everywhere that fosters straight-forward access to open educational resources, increasing efficiency and collaboration.
- Discovery Education provides engaging high-quality content, ready-to-use digital lessons, creative collaboration tools, and practical professional learning resources to give educators everything they need to facilitate instruction and create a lasting educational impact in any learning environment.
- Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
- All Kids Network provides fun and educational activities for parents and teachers to do with their kids.
- Franklin Institute provides digital science activities for the entire family.
- The Smithsonian provides distance learning resources to support and stay connected with the communities we serve, including caregivers, students, and teachers. Smithsonian scientists, curators, and historians are sharing their expertise through video and online events.
- Thinkery creates innovative learning experiences that equip and inspire the next generation of creative problem solvers.
- Discovery Museum is a hands-on museum for families that blends science, nature, and play.
- Learning Liftoff inspires parents with articles and resources that are focused on helping kids reach their highest potential.
- PowerMyLearning strengthens the triangle of learning relationships between students, teachers, and families so every child succeeds.
For more information
about these resources and more, visit NRD
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.